Technical Data Manager
Our Business Information team in SMBC AC is responsible for collecting, reviewing, analysing, controlling and ensuring consistency of all core information in the business in relation to our fleet of owned and managed aircraft and aircraft leases. The information is then used within the business to provide management and financial information to and between the business and key stakeholders including Marketing teams, Finance, Senior Management; Shareholders and Third-party stakeholders such as auditors, regulators, financiers and professional advisors.
We now have a vacancy for a Technical Data Manager on our Business Information team on a 6-12 month fixed term contract basis. Reporting to the Head of the Business Information Team, you will be specifically responsible for management and ownership of all Technical Aircraft information.
This is an extremely important role as it has responsibilities for keeping up to date the current physical condition of an aircraft and for extracting the maximum information from the utilisation / inspection / shop visit reports that we receive. A key objective of the Business Information team is to maintain the integrity of the data held in our systems and this role is integral to achieving that objective.
- Through accessing and interpreting a wide set of sources (including lease documents, acceptance certificates, technical inspection reports, utilisation reports, etc.) this role has a responsibility for ensuring the following aspects of the SMBC AC Owned and Managed fleet are correctly represented on our administration systems:
- Current aircraft specification
- Current status of aircraft maintenance and component shop visits
- Current airframe, engine, landing gear and APU utilisation
- Forecasted lease term maintenance events and end of lease condition
- On-going monitoring of the quality of the data that exists in the lease and aircraft administration systems including a continuous improvement cycle of review of information capture, input and control processes.
- Continually assessing the development requirements of our lease and aircraft administration system to meet the growing requirements of SMBC Aviation Capital.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced EASA PART 66/ICAO TYPE 2 /FAA A&P Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, or degree Aeronautical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years aviation industry experience
- Experience in some or all of the following essential:
- aircraft technical documentation
- maintenance planning
- aircraft audit
- aircraft data analysis and processing
- Understanding of maintenance reserve claim processing advantageous
- Excellent numerical ability with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience in Microsoft CRM and / or Microsoft Navision would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI would be an advantage but again not essential as training will be provided.
- Communicate Openly: strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent collaborative skills with an ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
As part of our focus on EDI, SMBC Aviation Capital has an Agile Working policy, to enable our people to better balance their work and personal priorities.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.