AVP Commercial Negotiation & Execution – Customer Management
The Commercial Negotiation & Execution (CNX) function forms an integral part of the delivery of our commercial strategy and management of our customers’ needs. Reporting to an EVP Commercial Negotiation & Execution and located in Dublin, the position of AVP Commercial Negotiation & Execution – Customer Management will be an important member of the CNX function. Our customers are at the heart of our business and this customer-facing role is a key point of contact with the customer on all post-delivery activity providing the opportunity to work daily with customers, support and advocate on their behalf, as well as to actively participate on leasing and sale deal teams. This position will provide a strong training ground and/or continuing development on your path to a successful career in aircraft leasing.
The CNX function reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and together with Airline Marketing (AM), Aircraft Trading (AT), Procurement, Technical, and Portfolio Risk Management, forms Team CCO.
The AVP CNX – Customer Management will assume responsibility for a portfolio of airline customers as well as have a role in projects and initiatives designed to improve the efficiency of our operations and the level of service we can deliver to our customers and Deal Teams.
You will have the opportunity to support the shaping and deepening of customer relationship management on behalf of the business, which will include the development of closer ties with other functions within Team CCO, the wider business and our customers as we increase collaboration to deliver a market leading customer experience that sets SMBC Aviation Capital apart from its peers.
- Assume responsibility for a customer portfolio (of owned and managed aircraft), manage from receipt to resolution, all customer queries; manage lease contract events - including receivables and customer facing aspects of Letter of Credit management.
- Co-ordination, oversight and management of all post-delivery customer activity for your portfolio across the business to ensure consistent timely resolution and/or completion.
- Develop, with guidance from senior colleagues, a clear understanding of the needs of the customers within your portfolio. Ensure these needs are addressed in the implementation of post-delivery customer plans for your portfolio, consistent with SMBC AC’s customer strategies, with the ultimate aim of cultivating and strengthening our customer relationships.
- Analyse customer relationships on an ongoing basis to identify trends and, where appropriate, work with colleagues to ensure processes and procedures provide the services our customers expect.
- Support Deal Teams, as required, to structure, negotiate and close a broad range of transactions for our customers.
- Join Deal Team meetings and provide customer information and advocacy, as required, in a timely and professional manner.
- Pro-actively develop good working relationships with counterparts in other teams working on projects for your customers, notably AM, AT, Technical and Portfolio Risk Management, but also Customer Operations and Finance.
- Willingness to travel on assignment, from time to time, where required.
Qualifications & Experience
- You are likely to have a legal, accounting, business or engineering qualification with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience in a banking, financial services, aviation financing or legal environment.
- A customer-oriented mindset is essential.
- Customer relationship management experience desirable (but not essential).
- A problem-solving attitude, based on strong communication and influencing skills with aptitude for fostering positive relationships.
- High degree of commercial awareness with a clear track record of critical thinking and an ability to clearly understand and articulate issues and risks.
- Familiarity with the Lease and Letter of Credit documents is also desirable.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Experience of or an openness to occasionally working hours to accommodate demands of different time zones.
- Strong, proven MS skills essential (particularly, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Communicate Openly: strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a capability to influence others.
- Have a can–do attitude: proven project management skills with an ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment. Also, self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised, structured with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making. Ability to prioritise tasks and escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent interpersonal skills and a team-player with an ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with colleagues, airlines, manufacturers, banks and other lessors.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment