VP Powerplant (Singapore)
The Procurement Team forms an integral part of both the delivery of our commercial strategy and the holistic management of our customer bases. Reporting to the EVP Powerplant and Production and located in Singapore, the position of VP Powerplant is a key role of the Powerplant and Production team. This function will ensure we optimise the technical management of our powerplant assets.
The VP Powerplant is responsible for providing expert powerplant support to deliver superior results on new build and aircraft transition projects, LOIs and Leases, manage cost effective engine repairs and overhauls, liaise with all levels within Airlines/MROs/OEMS, understand jurisdictional differences from an airworthiness/operational perspective and optimise the cost of aircraft transitions from the engine perspective. The successful candidate will be required as part of the Powerplant and Production team to manage allocated engine responsibilities for the Procurement function.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual with vision, energy, and ambition to lead, develop and improve the procurement activities of our business.
- Provide specialist powerplant support to aircraft / engine deliveries and redeliveries including budgeting, contractor management, customer liaison, Airworthiness Authority liaison and MRO control.
- Support negotiation of LOI’s/ Leases for new and used aircraft to ensure the highest standards of asset protection are enshrined on the engines.
- Provide expert technical commercial knowledge throughout the leasing lifecycle to all our stakeholders.
- Develop key relationships and engage with Engine OEM’s and MRO’s to ensure effective engine cost prediction and management/reduction and to facilitate aircraft deliveries and redeliveries.
- Interface with other departments within the organisation to enhance the understanding and measurement of the risks associated with aircraft ownership from powerplant viewpoint.
- As part of airline deal teams, maintain close relationships with our customers at all levels with particular reference to senior technical personnel.
- Monitor and actively manage the exposure associated with fleet maintenance and operational issues with the engines in the portfolio.
- Engage and project manage consultants working on behalf of SMBC AC and ensure the contractor base has the best talent available in the market.
- Represent SMBC AC at industry and OEM conferences ensuring an effective agenda is set to maximise the return and deliver presentations as required.
- Actively engage and lead discussions with industry participants to ensure SMBC AC is current with all aspects of the engine asset management function.
- Other tasks as directed by the EVP Powerplant and Production.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in engine MRO / OEM /Leasing and/or Airline Operations essential, engaging with all levels of management.
- A minimum of a recognised degree in aeronautical or other relevant Engineering discipline or FAA/EASA licensed aircraft mechanics qualification.
- Knowledge of and experience in engine maintenance programmes, engine shop visit management, modifications, regulations, engine technical records essential.
- In depth technical / commercial knowledge of Engine types used in commercial aircraft operation essential.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple projects to tight timelines within budgetary constraints essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, occasionally on short notice essential.
- Previous aircraft/engine leasing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of aircraft lease documentation and maintenance risk exposure desirable.
- Applicants must be Singaporean citizens or permanent residents to be considered.
- Communicate Openly: strong negotiating and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised, structured with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making. Ability to prioritise tasks and escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.